I will be in conversation with former Newsnight Editor Stephen Haggard next Sat, 30th June talking of life without the state, perhaps touching on VegeBurger, living stars and what comes up. It’s a day out in the park at the Queen’s Park Book Festival, with loads of other authors and interesting people speaking, panelling and tickling minds throughout the day. Some are charged and some free including ours, event number 3, on at 12 noon in the Queens Park Community Tent, billed as
LOCAL LEGEND WITH GREG SAMS
A literary brunch with veggie burger king, fractal artist and New Age entrepreneur Greg Sams (founder of Whole Earth foods, creator of the veggie burger, alternative thinker, published writer, entrepreneur), in conversation with local journalist and former Newsnight Editor Stephen Haggard.
At the end of last year I was asked to describe a positive vision of the future for “Newtopia,” an online BBC channel. An exciting first job of 2018 and, of course, I went for a world without the state, stressing the positive and not dwelling on the negatives (just listen to the news for that).
The challenge was to compress my entire book into 2.5 minutes of audio. Phew! It would have been easier to produce 60 minutes. Feeling good about being up top on the viewing charts with it.
So here it is. Enjoy.
What would life be like without the state?
All the best,
I didn’t realise we’d covered so much in our probing conversation, but here is Jody White’s index of the subsequent Lumieres Podcast. There’s a sweet and musical 13 minute introduction. Do dip in.
- Greg’s recent Breaking Convention appearance.
- Drugs, divine light and Quantum Theory.
- Zoroastrianism and light worship.
- On commencing writing Sun of gOd.
- Greg’s first LSD experience in California.
- The power of Sunlight.
- Cultural associations of the Sun throughout history.
- The imbalance of global power structures.
- Greg’s adventures in pioneering organic foods.
- Growing up with real home-cooked food.
- Getting into Macrobiotics.
- Moving to the UK and helping to launch the natural food movement.
- Learning how to run a food company on the fly.
- On creating the original VegeBurger.
- The current Psychedelic renaissance.
- Greg’s current mission to promote a new perspective on the Sun.
- The Yin and Yan of things.
- Making clear choices in life.
- Moving out of the business world.
- Pioneering fractal art and discovering chaos theory.